BOWL OF RICE – It’s a lovely winter day today; cold but sunny. When I take a look outside, I see lots of people jog, whether it is alone, with a friend, a dog or in groups. A few weeks ago I was totally seeing myself do the same. However, the truth is cruel… I admit I failed; my new year’s resolution was a complete failure. Chips, cakes, candies, cookies and chocolate they are all here, of course it didn’t disappear in 2014. What was I thinking?! And after all I am a food blogger. I love food!
So I have been thinking the past week. For me it’s not only about the weight loss, but also having a healthy body with glowing skin. I need to think of something that would work for me. I have a fulltime job and I love to eat. I don’t want to cut any food. It is not an easy job, but portion control is what I am going to try. Eat less, but at least I can eat everything I like and of course do not forget to exercise!
Here it is, my dinner: a bowl of steaming hot rice packed with delicious and colorful veggies. Veggies? You would say, but believe me, I only eat things that taste good. Don’t take this as a diet meal – because it’s not, but just a vegetarian meal as kick off for my new year’s resolution round 2!
Rice (any kind you like), use your fist as an indicator for the amount of cooked rice.
Oyster Mushrooms (as much as you like)
Carrot (as much as you like)
1 big spoon of Corn
Dash of sweet soy sauce
1. First, clean and cut all the ingredients.
2. Heat up a big pan or wok with cooking oil.
3. Sauté the corn, mushrooms and carrot. Add in a dash of soy sauce and a pinch of pepper.
4. In another small pan, bake an omelet with a bit of salt and fold it while it’s baking.
5. Pick a nice bowl, put in the cooked rice and add in all the delicious veggies and egg.