Banana oatmeal pancakes | Blender recipe
Banana oatmeal pancakes make the perfect special Sunday brunch. These fluffy healthy pancakes are dairy free, gluten free, and contain no flour or added sugar. I used soy milk, but you can replace it with any type of milk.
When baking, the first few pancakes will cool down quite quickly. So to keep it warm, I place them in a pre-heated oven. So when all the baking is done you can serve them all at the same time. Or you can also freeze the pancakes to enjoy them later this week. Place the pancakes on baking paper so they aren’t touching and place them in containers. To reheat the pancakes, I like to use an oven but microwave is also ok.
Ingredients for 2 servings ( +/- 10 small pancakes)
- 2 medium ripe bananas (lots of brown spots)
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 cup soy milk unsweetened
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats, gluten free
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- oil, for cooking
- strawberries (optional)
- Frying pan
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high speed until completely smooth, about 30 seconds. Let the batter sit in your blender while you heat your pan up.
- Lightly coat the pan with oil over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add 3 big tablespoon of the batter to the pan for each pancake and cook for 2-3 minutes until pancakes slightly puff up and firm.
- Flip the pancake and cook until golden brown. If you find that pancakes are browning too quickly then you need to lower the heat. I start on medium heat, then decrease to medium low later so that my pancakes don’t burn.
- Repeat with more oil and remaining batter. Optional but very nice is to add some fruit to go with the pancakes!