Fried brown rice with fresh shiitake and mushrooms | Quick and easy meals
Fried brown rice with white mushrooms and fresh shiitake is quick and easy to make! You can add anything in this rice dish. I chose 2 types of mushrooms: fresh shiitake and white mushrooms . They are packed with vitamins and minerals. Excellent dish to start if you want to start eating less meat. This dish is tasty with or without meat. I made a vegetarian version, but it is also very tasty with small pieces of meat. I would recommend the following ratio: 10% meat, 40% vegetables and 50% rice.
- 170 gram brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 spring onion
- 1 egg
- 50 gram mushrooms or as much as you like
- 50 gram fresh shiitake or as much as you like
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- Oil for cooking
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook the brown rice according to the packaging and let it cool down.
- Clean the spring onion thoroughly and slice it as thin as possible (rings). Clean the white mushrooms and shiitake and cut these in pieces. Whisk the egg in a small bowl.
- Heat a wok over medium high heat and heat up the oil. Once hot add the egg and wait until the bottom is cooked. The top can be still a bit watery. Add the spring onion, shiitake and mushrooms. Stir-fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked brown rice in the wok and mix all the ingredients with soy sauce. Stir-fry for another 3 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with a little sesame seeds (optional).